Friday, January 2, 2009

The Christmas Letter

This year Doug named himself as being in charge for writing a Christmas letter to send out with our cards. He spent hours working on this letter and was really excited to send it out to our friends and family. Unfortunately we got busy, and we didn't have time to edit, print, and send out the letter (that and I was a little cautious about sending out the letter due to the last line) Sorry hun!

SEASON’S GREETINGS to all our friends and family. We hope this letter finds you in good spirits and health.

We had quite a busy year in the Doug Jans household, and by household we mean we bought a house. Not just any house, a foreclosed house that the previous owner did not appreciate losing. The previous owner put a few holes in the wall, broke all the toilets, spilled paint on the carpets, did some creative spray painting, stole all the light fixtures, all that and the kitchen sink, which he really did take. Needless to say we were busy doing home repairs most of the year. Of course I am quite the handy man ( I’m being sarcastic) and the first rule of thumb is safety first. Here is the rundown of injuries.

Doug- Minor cut on index finger. Don’t worry I’m strong and can handle it.

Pepper- Our dog seemed to think carpet samples make for good snacks. She Threw up and became a little constipated. That shag carpet is hard to digest !

Nicole- Electrocuted on her birthday. Her loving husband was installing a dishwasher and decided to turn the circuit breaker back on to make her a cake. The baking didn’t go so well for me, but it turns out Nicole is an excellent baker so she made her own cake. After eating her delicious cake I decided to finish the project but forgot to turn the breaker back off. I tried to reach the wires under the dishwasher to hardwire it but my hands were just to big. So I told Nicole, I bet your small hands could reach those wires in the back. Long story short I Love my wife so very very much, I can’t tell you how much I appreciate her.

Other news, Nicole is enjoying her second year teaching special education. I got a new job in March as a Director for two work releases in Seattle. I like the job but do not enjoy the two hour commute every morning and night. After the carpet incident, it took awhile but Pepper is back to shitting normal.


Merry Christmas

2 comments:

Jami said...

Yay! Finally! Welcome to blogging! I enjoyed the Christmas letter! Keep those blogs coming!

Jami said...

I just showed Tom the blog and he said, "Awesome blogging. At least Doug or Nicole didn't have to go to the ER for their home improvement injuries."